Thursday, April 2, 2009

What a weekend......

I'm back safely to the UK, but what a weekend I had!  In the last five days I have survived an emergency landing on the way to New York; the plane's engine cut out and caught fire upon take off, no fun I can tell you!! and even worse, a wasted night spent at an airport hotel in the UK while waiting for the next flight the next day (Hello to 'Reebok Man' if you are reading this, you will know who you are.)  

I finally got to the big apple in one piece though, and I did what I had gone there for - taped an interview with the brilliant Dateline NBC hosted by the gorgeous Hoda Kotb (show to be aired on 8th May). I have also strolled up 5th Avenue, shopped in Saks, and been stopped on the street by a New York Physic to tell me "I had GREAT energy around me" and how badly she "just wanted to be around it for a minute" (I have heard some great lines but that was a good one.)

NBC put me up at the Waldorf Astoria and just guess who was also staying there? The Infidelity Ambassadors of our time, Brad and Angelina. They were seen making out at the bar (childless of course) so don't believe all you read about them arguing and so on.

On the subject of what you read, check out this brilliant article that The Sunday Express Newspaper wrote about me over the weekend.  Yes Sisters, I am now officially the world's only "Infidelity Aunt"  - for my American and global sisters, "Aunt" refers to the term "Agony Aunt," which you would probably know more as "relationship columnist" ( Think "Dear Amy" for example). Although ironically, I think we can all confirm that the word AGONY fits very well into a mistresses life and an affair!!  That said, could I be an "Agony Affair Aunt?" perhaps.. 

On a personal note, I was supposed to squeeze in a NY date with the delicious 'Maximilliano' (yes, that really was his name) whom I met on Match.com, but there was just no time for frivolities this trip. There was also no real time to hold a Mistresses Anonymous meeting, due to my messed up flight making me arrive late.  I did coach a few New York mistresses by email and phone though, and sisters, I WILL BE BACK and I will plan a meeting then.

Now, all that said and done and safely back on terra firma, I did something today that I never thought I would do.  I did the ultimate in the "F" word....I joined Facebook, but only for the networking you understand.  Just trying to reach as many sisters of the mistresshood and married couples in distress as I can....

Phew, just rereading my entry today is exhausting even for me, and I lived it all personally.  I think it's time for a lie down LOL.  I would say a stiff drink too, but since I'm on the wagon at the moment, while detoxing and working out etc, then make mine a green tea please :-))

Hugs 
Sarah J. x

No comments: